CBCT Imaging – Improving Our Ability to See Every Detail
Cone beam computed tomography (CBCT) provides major improvements over traditional methods of imaging. Using panoramic technology, the patient simply stands in the center while the camera orbits their head, capturing perfect images of their gums, mouth, and teeth. Here are some of the key advantages of CBCT technology:
- Allows doctors to easily create a 3D image of teeth, nerves, and all details of the mouth
- Much more comfortable for the patient than traditional methods
Panoramic Digital X-rays
The ability to take a 2-D image of the inner details of a patient’s mouth is one that has been crucial to dentists for decades. The invention of panoramic x-rays makes this process much simpler for both the patient and the doctors who use it. These are benefits of the panoramic x-ray that you’ll experience at our dental practice in Lafayette:
- Uses less radiation for a much safer x-ray experience
- Takes all x-rays in one rotation rather than having to take many individually
3D Printer For Creating Perfect Surgical Guides
3D printing is a remarkable new technology that has emerged in recent years, and we employ it to make life easier for our patients at Barras Family Dentistry. Before our 3D printer, it might take weeks to have a surgical guide made in a lab and shipped to us – now, we’re able to make flawless surgical guides right here in our office.
- Saves weeks for dental implant patients
- Gives us greater control and the ability to individualize treatment to each patient
Blue Sky Bio Software
Blue Sky Bio is the company behind some of the most innovative dental software in the world. Their Blue Sky Plan enables doctors and patients to visualize and test every possible dental implant scenario, and their software makes it possible to print surgical guides as well.
- Allows detailed planning of complex dental procedures
- Saves lots of time for both doctors and patients