Dental implants are an innovative treatment for missing teeth that have given millions of people a reason to smile again. However, some patients are turned off by the three to six month healing period that allows your implants to fuse with your jawbone after surgery. For patients who want to restore their smile without investing a lot of time, same-day dental implants are the ideal solution.
What’s Different About Same-Day Dental Implants?
The look and function of same-day implants (also known as immediate load implants) are very similar to that of traditional implants. The difference is they allow you to have your crowns attached immediately after implant placement. This eliminates the inconvenience of going through a long waiting period after your initial surgery.
Do You Qualify for Same-Day Dental Implants?
Not everyone is an immediate candidate for same-day dental implants. Certain patients will need to undergo a supplemental procedure to prepare their jawbone and gums for implant placement. The primary factors that determine your candidacy for immediate load implants are:
- The condition of your bite
- The density of your jawbone
- The health of your gums
Advantages of Same-Day Dental Implants
- Speed — By eliminating the healing period after implant placement, immediate load implants condense a procedure that often takes several months into just one easy office visit.
- Just One Surgery — Many patients will appreciate the fact that only one surgery is required for this treatment method. This helps reduce anxiety and other complications.
- Gums Adapt Quickly — Since the crown is attached to the implant right away, the gums grow around it to create a more natural-looking restoration.
- Immediate Smile: With same-day dental implants, you won’t have to wear temporary prosthetics or go through a healing period after surgery. You can enjoy all the benefits of a healthy and attractive smile from the moment you leave our office.
Visit Dr. Barras for Same-Day Dental Implants
If you think you’re a candidate for same-day dental implants, schedule a complimentary consultation with Dr. Barras. He’ll answer any questions you might have and develop the right treatment plan to restore your smile. Call our office in Lafayette at 337-210-8192 and start your journey to a new smile today.